The West Michigan Whitecaps, who are the High-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, regularly play their homes games in front of thousands of fans at LMCU Ballpark. And during your average baseball season, the Whitecaps will be scheduled to play in front of their home fans exactly 66 times, not including postseason games.
That also means that there are nearly 300 days when LMCU ballpark ISN’T hosting a Whitecaps matchup. Did you ever wonder what goes on at LMCU Ballpark on those dates? (Spoiler alert: It’s a lot.)
More importantly, did you ever wonder how you could take advantage of West Michigan’s largest outdoor multipurpose event venue?
Because while thousands enjoy the roaring crowds, towering home runs, and spectacular fireworks shows at Whitecaps games each summer, LMCU Ballpark is so much more than just a baseball venue.
LMCU Ballpark Can Host Just About Any Event You Can Imagine!
Of course, there’s a good chance you may have already visited LMCU Ballpark during a non-baseball event. Perhaps you have visited during the holidays with your family to see West Michigan’s largest Christmas light display. Or maybe you joined your friends to sample the latest craft brews at the Winter or Spring Beer Festivals. And there might have been a time or two that you slipped on your athletic shoes for one of the myriad 5K runs the ballpark has hosted over the years.
There’s also a chance you don’t know what you’re missing.
For nearly 30 years, LMCU Ballpark has hosted hundreds of different events. Here is a short list of the most-popular ways people and companies are continuing to take advantage of an event venue that features a capacity of more than 10,000, eight hospitality decks, two indoor clubs, two lawn seating areas, and 21 luxury suites.
The Whitecaps may get to call LMCU Ballpark home, but dozens of high school, college, and amateur sports teams get the opportunity to play at one of West Michigan’s premier outdoor venues. In addition to playing on one of the best playing surfaces in all of minor league baseball, here are a few amenities that make LMCU Ballpark appealing to all types of sporting events:
- Professional-style clubhouse amenities
- On-field bullpens
- Private batting cages
- Stadium quality audio system
- State of the art 28′ x 56′ LED videoboard
Looking to make your next corporate event memorable? Many of Grand Rapids’ largest and most well-known companies have taken advantage of LMCU Ballpark for their company picnics. Regardless of whether the Whitecaps are playing at home or not, the ballpark has many great options as a corporate event venue, including:
- An easily accessible parking lot located right off highway U.S. 131 that can be used for carnival rides, games, and road races.
- Access to an award-winning playing surface that can accommodate dozens or even hundreds of employees and family members.
- Outdoor decks that can hold up to 300 people and provide excellent vantagepoints of the field during games.
Did you know that Bob Dylan, Counting Crows, Ed Sheeran, and many more have performed live at Grand Rapids’ largest outdoor concert venue? What makes the ballpark so popular with performers, promoters, and show owners?
Consider the following amenities:
- Fully integrated audio and visual capabilities
- State of the art LED videoboard
- Full-time events staff
- Privately owned facility with in-house food and beverage operations
- Conveniently located minutes north of downtown Grand Rapids
One of the most notable outdoor winter festivals in all of Michigan is hosted annually at LMCU Ballpark. Hosted by the Michigan Brewers Guild, the Winter Beer Festival annually brings more than 100 Michigan breweries with more than 1,000 unique beers.
But that’s only one example. LMCU has hosted a wide array of different festivals in the parking lots, stadium, and outdoor hospitality areas.
Since baseball is played in the spring and summer, you have a prime opportunity to host your holiday party at one of the most unique event venues in West Michigan. For example, the Pepsi Stadium Club is available year-round and can accommodate up to 175 people with the following event venue features:
- Climate controlled indoor space
- Private bar
- Extensive catering menu
- Full-time chef
- ADA compliant
- Complementary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary audio/visual
- Free parking
- Dedicated event planners
Meetings and Conferences
A baseball stadium can be the unique feature that helps your meeting or conference stand out. Throw in modern amenities, turnkey service, and an experienced staff and your next event will be even more unforgettable. LMCU Ballpark is a great meeting venue for all types of activities, including:
- Trade shows
- Networking luncheons and dinners
- Team-building activities
- Job fairs
A Variety of Spaces Designed for Your Specific Event Venue Needs
Not only can LMCU Ballpark accommodate just about any event you can image – go on, just try and stump us – but we offer a variety of spaces designed to fit your needs without breaking the budget, including:
- Parking Lot: Large enough to handle 10,000 people and easily accessible from the highway, you can set up carnival rides, games, hold a race, or just use the two-plus acres of parking lots for easy in and out traffic.
- Field: Think about what it would be like to use the same playing surface where hundreds of future Major League Baseball players have gotten their starts. Spread out across the outfield and watch a movie on the state-of-the-art LED videoboard or install in a stage at home plate and listen to your favorite band.
- Miller Lite House Deck: Overlooking centerfield, LMCU Ballpark’s largest deck can hold up to 300 people and is a great setting for company picnics – regardless of whether the Whitecaps happen to be playing that day.
- Pepsi Stadium Club: The indoor, spacious room overlooks centerfield, can hold up to 175 people and is open year-round for your meeting or party.
- Super Suite: The views from above the field can give you a refreshing break from the typical conference room setting and accommodated up to 30 people. The Super Suite is open from April–October.
- Founders Rooftop Deck: With space for up to 200 people and great views of the field and stadium, this outdoor deck is a great spot for business meetings.
Ready to book the largest outdoor event venue in West Michigan?
Maybe it’s time to rethink your next event. And your next event venue.
You can start by visiting our stadium events schedule to see if the dates you are interested in are available. Then you can reach out to our experienced staff, which is ready to make your meeting, conference, and party something no one will ever forget.
If you would like to inquire about our unique event venues or obtain a quote, please call (616) 784-4131 or fill out the short contact form here.